How to Create a Price Adjustment Refund
This article details how to create a POS ticket to make a price adjustment and refund the difference when a customer has been overcharged.
Note: Fixing this type of transaction does not require an
overring of the original sale. A new refund transaction will be created to
reflect the price adjustment.
Follow these steps:
- Start a new sale for the customer.
- For every item that needs to be adjusted (was overcharged on the original
Click the "Return Next Item" button and enter or
scan the barcode.
Edit the Qty for that item if needed - remember it
must be a negative amount to create a credit.
Enter/scan the item to ring
it up at the correct price (edit or discount as needed to get the correct
- Continue returning and re-ringing until all of the items to be adjusted
are on the ticket.
- Click the "Total" button. TRS will display the credit amount due the
customer (it will be in parentheses to denote credit).
- Use the "Process Refund" button to finish the sale.
If you choose to
refund to a credit card and you have credit card integration in TRS, the
Credit Card window will open and the credit amount will automatically be
entered. You can then swipe the card and finish the transaction.
You will end up with two transactions - the original overcharged sale
ticket and a refund transaction for the price adjustment to correct it.
||October 14, 2013
||[e-Mail this Article]
[Print this Article]
© Copyright JMM Software, Inc.